Tuesday, March 22, 2011

St. Joseph





I have a new love and respect for St. Joseph. Since the thursday after Ash Wednesday I have been saying a Novena to St. Joseph. He has heard and answered quickly. Now I am continuing the Novena. I will share with you the prayer at the end of my post. Today my mother in law waits for death. The Lord is so good and I believe that through my prayers and asking for the intercession of St. Joseph has led my mother in law to St. Josephs hospital and why is this interesting or worth noting. Well who is the patron saint of the dying? Thats right St. Joseph! What a blessing




Prayer to St. Joseph


Oh, St. Joseph, whose protection is so great


so strong, so prompt before the throne of God,


I place in you all my interests and desires. Oh St. Joseph


do assist me by your powerful intercession, and obtain


for me all spiritual blessings, through Jesus Christ Our Lord,


so that, having engaged here below you heavenly power, I may


offer my thanksgiving and homage to the most loving of Fathers.


Oh, St. Joseph, I never weary contemplating you, and Jesus


asleep in your arms; I dare not approach while He reposes near


your heart, Press Him in my name and kiss His fine head for


me and ask Him to return the kiss when I drw my dying breath.


St. Joseph, Patron of departing souls-pray for me


Whoever shall read this prayer or hear it or keep it about themselves shall never die a sudden death nor be drowned, nor shall poison take effect on them, neither shall they fall into the hands of the enemy, nor shall be burned in any fire, nor be overpowered in battle.




Novena: Say for nine mornings for anything you may desire. It has never been known to fail, so be sure you really want what you ask for.


No comments: